Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) this is the favored recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, greek walnut cake (karydopita). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. They're nice and they look fantastic. Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) is something that I've loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook greek walnut cake (karydopita) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita):
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Get 2 cups of Sugar.
- Get 8 of Eggs.
- Get 4 cups of Walnuts.
- Prepare 3 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Get 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- Get 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- Make ready of Syrup :.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of Cognac.
- Take 2 cups of Water.
Steps to make Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita):
- In a large bowl add in the sugar, butter, and egg yolks and beat until well combined. In a smaller bowl whisk the egg whites into a smooth meringue. Add half of the meringue into the mix and continue beating, slowly pour the rest of the meringue and whisk until it has become one smooth mixture. Toss in the walnuts, the flour, baking powder, and the rest of the ingredients, and beat until it has become one big mass..
- Tip: Add the baking powder into the flour and mix together before adding into the egg mix. I also add a bit of Cognac in the mixture before baking because it gives the cake a bit more of a taste of Cognac. 🙂.
- Take a buttered pan and add your cake mix and place in the oven at 190 degrees for 1/2 hour. In the meantime, in a small sauce pan add in the water, sugar and cognac, stir and let boil on very low heat..
- Once the cake has been baked, add the syrup and let it sit until the cake as absorbed the syrup. Let it cool for at least 1 hour before serving. You can add whip cream, or ice cream on the side for a twist. 🙂 Kali Orexi! 🙂.
So that's going to wrap this up for this exceptional food greek walnut cake (karydopita) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) Recipe Video: