Cajun Smothered Pork Roast this is the well liked recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cajun smothered pork roast. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cajun Smothered Pork Roast is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Cajun Smothered Pork Roast is something which I've loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cajun smothered pork roast using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Smothered Pork Roast:
- Get 2.5 lb of pork roast.
- Take 3 of large yellow onions; thick julienne.
- Take 1 T of dried oregano.
- Take 1 t of dried thyme.
- Get 1 T of paprika.
- Prepare 1 T of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 T of garlic powder.
- Make ready 2 t of celery seed.
- Make ready 2 t of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready 2 sticks of butter.
- Prepare 1 C of all purpose flour.
- Get 2 of PBR beers.
- Get 1 of large pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
- Take as needed of vegetable oil.
- Get 2 shots of brandy.
Steps to make Cajun Smothered Pork Roast:
- Marinate pork in beer for 4-48 hours in a sealed plastic bag..
- Discard marinade. Pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle with enough oil to coat..
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Season flour with dried spices, salt, and pepper..
- Heat a cast iron pan with enough oil to cover the bottom..
- Dredge pork loin with flour. Shake off excess. Do not discard flour..
- Sear both sides over medium-high heat until browned. Transfer to a plate..
- Add a little vegetable oil just to cover the bottom of the pan. Add onions with a pinch of salt. Stir to coat onions with oil. Add a little extra oil if needed to coat the onions. Saute on high for 1 minute. Add brandy. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan..
- Add butter. When butter begins to brown, add the remaining flour slowly while whisking..
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 25 minutes or until roux is a dark brown. Stir very frequently..
- Heat beer to a simmer in a seperate saucepot..
- Add beer slowly to roux while whisking. Cook 2 minutes..
- Add pork roast back to pot. Smother it with onions..
- Place roast in oven to finish cooking for approximately 50 minutes or until pork reaches desired doneness..
- Variations; Clarified butter, basil, Old Bay, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, granulated onion, applewood seasoning, celery, pork stock, vegetable stock, beer, fennel seed, fennel, red onion, pearl onion, Vidalia onion, ancho chile, bacon, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, chives, scallions, cumin, coriander seed, chili powder, ground jalapeño powder, bay leaf, green bell pepper, red/orange / yellow bell pepper, roasted garlic, carrots, smoked cumin.
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food cajun smothered pork roast recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cajun Smothered Pork Roast Recipe Video: