Chocolate Covered Cherries this is the best recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chocolate covered cherries. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chocolate Covered Cherries is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chocolate Covered Cherries is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chocolate covered cherries using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Prepare of fondant.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Take 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Take 1/4 tsp of invertase.
- Take of additional ingredients.
- Prepare 2 (8 ounce) of jars of maraschino cherries, with stems.
- Get 1 cup of cherry flavored brandy.
- Make ready 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Take 2 tbsp of Crisco.
- Make ready of optional garnishes.
- Take 1 of mini M&Ms candies.
- Prepare 1 of finely chopped pecans.
- Get 1 of candy sprinkles.
- Prepare 1 of Heath bar chips.
Steps to make Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's good in cola drinks!). Split the brandy between the 2 jars of cherries. If cherries aren't completely covered by the brandy, add some of the reserved cherry liquid to cover. Replace the jar lids and refrigerate for 2 days..
- In a small mixing bowl (from electric stand mixer) combine the fondant ingredients and mix well. Knead until smooth and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate..
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's now even BETTER in cola drinks! LOL). Lay cherries on paper towels..
- Roll chilled fondant into 1-inch balls and flatten each into a 2-inch circle. Wrap around cherries to completely cover and smoosh tightly around the lowest part of the cherry stem. You want the cherries to be completely sealed by the fondant, kind of "air tight"..
- Place with stems up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight..
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips in 2 separate coffe mugs. Add 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening to each. (It's best to just work with one of the cups of chips at a time from this point on, dipping half your cherries in the dark chocolate before melting the white chocolate for dipping the other half of your cherries.).
- Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, continue microwaving ONLY in 5-second intervals, just until melted..
- Holding on to stem, dip cherries into chocolate, allow excess to drip back into the cup of chocolate, and roll (if desired) in any of the additional decorating ingredients. Set on waxed paper to harden..
- Store in a covered container. Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving so that the fondant (specifically, the invertase) somewhat liquifies the cherry..
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food chocolate covered cherries recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe Video: