Coq Au Vin this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, coq au vin. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Coq Au Vin is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It's enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Coq Au Vin is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook coq au vin using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Coq Au Vin:
- Take 500 ml of Red Wine.
- Make ready 25 ml of Brandy (optional).
- Get 1 of Carrot.
- Get 2 of Red Onions.
- Make ready 6 of Chicken thighs.
- Take 3 rashers of Thick Cut Streaky Bacon.
- Take of Butter.
- Get 250 ml of Chicken Stock.
- Get 250 grams of Button Mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Make ready 3 sprigs of Thyme.
- Get 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Get of Parsley.
- Get 3 of Large Potatoes (for the mash).
- Make ready of Flour/Corn Starch (to thicken the sauce).
Steps to make Coq Au Vin:
- Cook some diced bacon (or lardons) in a Dutch oven on the hub with a bit of butter and oil (the oil helps stop the butter from burning)..
- Once cooked remove the bacon with a slotted spoon so the fat stays in the pan..
- Next cook some chicken (thighs are best with this), skin down in the same pan/dutch oven..
- Once the chicken has a bit of colour to it, remove it..
- Next add mushrooms (as many as you like halved), carrots (1 diced), red onions (2 quartered) and a couple of cloves of garlic (minced) to the same pan..
- Cook until the onions have caramelized and the mushrooms have a bit of colour to them then add a shot of brandy (optional)..
- Next add about 500ml of red wine to it with about 250ml of chicken stock (modify measurements as needed. Its 2/3 wine to 1/3 chicken stock).
- Once it starts to simmer add back the chicken and bacon. Then add a few sprigs of thyme, couple of bay leaves and season to taste..
- Next place the Dutch oven (with the lid on) in the oven at gas mark 4 (180°C/350°F) and cook for about two hours. (Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes)..
- Once the two hours are up remove the Dutch oven from the oven and place back onto the hub and remove the chicken. If the liquid still needs a bit more reducing, do that now..
- Next skim off any fat, remove the thyme and bay leaves and add some corn starch to thicken the sauce. Ideally you should use Beurre manié, but corn starch will be fine..
- Once the sauce is at the desired thickness add the chicken back to warm it though with some chopped parsley..
- Serve with mashed potatoes..
- I used a baked potato to make the mash. Just place the potato/s in the top of the oven with the Coq au vin. 2hrs at gas mark 4 (180°C/350°F) will give you a nice fluffy potato..
- Once the potato is cooked, cut it in half and scrape out the innards with a spoon and place into a bowl. Next add a splash of milk and a knob of butter and mash with a fork. I also like adding a small amount of english mustard to my mash..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food coq au vin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Coq Au Vin Recipe Video: