Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage this is the well liked recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it's Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cajun smoked duck sausage. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it's quick, it tastes yummy. Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage is something that I have loved my whole life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cajun smoked duck sausage using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Make ready of Ingredients.
- Get 2 1/2 lb of duck meat.
- Make ready 2 1/2 lb of pork.
- Take 1/2 lb of pork fat.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of bacon.
- Get 1/4 lb of butter.
- Get 2 cup of onions, diced.
- Get 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of green onions, diced.
- Get 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of port wine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cognac.
- Get 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Take 1 tbsp of cracked black pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped.
- Get of sea salt (about 2 tablespoon).
- Take of cayenne pepper (about 1.5 tablespoon).
- Get 10 of - 12 feet (35-38 mm) sausage casing.
Steps to make Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Grind the duck, pork, pork fat, and bacon using the fine cutting blade of a meat grinder. Place in a bowl and set aside..
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, celery, green onion, and garlic until wilted..
- Remove from heat and add the port and cognac. Return to the stove burner and ignite the cognac with a kitchen match and allow it to burn off..
- Reduce the liquid to about half the volume. Mix in the thyme and black pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely..
- Add the cooled veggies to the ground meat. Add the parsley, salt, and cayenne. Mix well by hand..
- To check the seasoning, take a small ball of the sausage and form a patty. Fry until no longer pink. Allow to cool and taste. Adjust seasonings accordingly..
- Stuff into sausage casings using the sausage attachment of a meat grinder. TIP: if you don't feel like stuffing your own sausage, you local butcher will probably do it for you for a nominal fee..
- Smoke the sausages at a temperature of 175°F until the internal temperature is 160°F. You can serve right away or vacuum pack and freeze until later and just warm up on the grill..
- TIP: a standard package of casings is usually enough for 50 feet of sausage. If you have leftover casings, do not freeze them. That well weaken them and make them prone to tearing. Drain them, and repack them with sea salt and store in the refrigerator. They will last forever. Natural casings aren't expensive but I just hate to waste anything..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food cajun smoked duck sausage recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage Recipe Video: