Sig's Apple in Pyjamas this is the best recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, sig's apple in pyjamas. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sig's Apple in Pyjamas is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They're nice and they look fantastic. Sig's Apple in Pyjamas is something that I've loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sig's apple in pyjamas using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Apple in Pyjamas:
- Prepare 90 grams of raisins.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cognac, brandy or dark rum or use apple or grape juice if you don't want to use alcohol.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of runny honey.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- Make ready 1 pinch of cinnamon for soaking the fruit plus three more pinches for sprinkling over the ready baked apples.
- Make ready 3 small of apples.
- Prepare 300 grams of puff or flaky pastry , homemade or ready bought.
- Take 1 of egg yolk.
- Take 3 tbsp of milk.
- Take 500 ml of custard homemade or bought.
Instructions to make Sig's Apple in Pyjamas:
- First cut your raisins in half and soak them in the brandy etc or the juice, that has been mixed with the honey and sugar and a good pinch of cinnamon. Set aside for an hour to soak.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Just before soaking time is finished peel and core the apples.
- Roll out your pastry, not to thin , youndont want it to rip, and cut it into 3 squares large enough to cover the apples completely with a small overhang ..
- Place one apple on each square and fill with raisins , reserving a few with the soaking fluid for later ,make sure that you squeeze out the fruit a little so that it is not to wet, as it will make the pastry go to soggy..
- Now slit on two opposite sides for about one inche apart all along but no deeper than the apple is tall.
- Fold the pastry with the middle bit of opposite pastry to cover the hole, now fold the rest of the pastry to make a little bag around the apple with a frill at the top. Make sure that the pastry does not break ..
- Mix the egg yolk and milk and brush the little apple purses with it.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes depending on thickness of pastry and size of apple . Ensuring that the apple is Al dente to soft but that the pastry is golden brown and not burned.
- Prepare your custard in the meantime.
- When the apples are cooked , pour over some custard and reserved raisins and soaking fluid , serve hot ..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food sig's apple in pyjamas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Sig's Apple in Pyjamas Recipe Video: