Chocolate Covered Cherries this is the well liked recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chocolate covered cherries. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chocolate Covered Cherries is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chocolate Covered Cherries is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chocolate covered cherries using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Get of fondant.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Get 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of invertase.
- Prepare of additional ingredients.
- Take 2 (8 ounce) of jars of maraschino cherries, with stems.
- Take 1 cup of cherry flavored brandy.
- Take 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Make ready 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Crisco.
- Take of optional garnishes.
- Make ready 1 of mini M&Ms candies.
- Prepare 1 of finely chopped pecans.
- Take 1 of candy sprinkles.
- Make ready 1 of Heath bar chips.
Steps to make Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's good in cola drinks!). Split the brandy between the 2 jars of cherries. If cherries aren't completely covered by the brandy, add some of the reserved cherry liquid to cover. Replace the jar lids and refrigerate for 2 days..
- In a small mixing bowl (from electric stand mixer) combine the fondant ingredients and mix well. Knead until smooth and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate..
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's now even BETTER in cola drinks! LOL). Lay cherries on paper towels..
- Roll chilled fondant into 1-inch balls and flatten each into a 2-inch circle. Wrap around cherries to completely cover and smoosh tightly around the lowest part of the cherry stem. You want the cherries to be completely sealed by the fondant, kind of "air tight"..
- Place with stems up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight..
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips in 2 separate coffe mugs. Add 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening to each. (It's best to just work with one of the cups of chips at a time from this point on, dipping half your cherries in the dark chocolate before melting the white chocolate for dipping the other half of your cherries.).
- Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, continue microwaving ONLY in 5-second intervals, just until melted..
- Holding on to stem, dip cherries into chocolate, allow excess to drip back into the cup of chocolate, and roll (if desired) in any of the additional decorating ingredients. Set on waxed paper to harden..
- Store in a covered container. Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving so that the fondant (specifically, the invertase) somewhat liquifies the cherry..
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chocolate covered cherries recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe Video: