Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan this is the well liked recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, sig's fine german christmas stollen with marzipan. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have sig's fine german christmas stollen with marzipan using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan:
- Get 75 grams of mixed raisins and sultanas.
- Take 50 ml of liqueur, I use cherry brandy but any fruit liqueur will do..
- Prepare 30 grams of finely chopped hazelnuts.
- Get 30 grams of ground almonds.
- Get 250 grams of all-purpose flour (plain) flour.
- Get 2 tsp of baking powder (not baking soda).
- Take 50 grams of candid orange or mixed peel.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of candied cherries finely chopped , optional.
- Prepare 75 grams of soft butter.
- Get 75 grams of caster ( superfine ) sugar.
- Take 2 small of or 1 large egg.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Orange blossom or orange extract.
- Get 1/4 tsp of rum aroma (flavouring).
- Prepare 135 grams of best German quark if you can get it , if not any quark will do but let it drain well in any case. If you can't get quark use mascarpone or any similar soft cheese.
- Make ready 50 grams of or more marzipan, I use brandy marzipan ,but any will do , optional.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter, melted for brushing.
- Take 50 grams of icing sugar for dusting.
Steps to make Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan:
- Soak your raisins and sultanas in your chosen liqueur, set aside, for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a smallish bowl mix your flour and baking powder well. Add the chopped hazelnuts and the ground almond..
- Add the orange peel, cherries( if using ) and soaked sultanas and raisins without the soaking liqueur, set the liquid aside .Stir the flour/fruit and nut mixture thoroughly..
- In a larger bowl whisk the softened butter with the sugar, add the eggs whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the flavourings, vanilla,orange blossom and rum aroma. Then add the quark. Stir thoroughly..
- Add the flour/fruit and nut mixture to the butter/egg mixture a spoon at a time. Until almost all gone, pour in half of the soaking liquid, then add the remainder of the flour mixture ensuring it gets well combined..
- If it is to wet add a little extra flour.Flour a table or cake board and flatten the dough into a oval shape this dough is not pliable it is more loose but you can still get hold of it in one go ..
- If you are using the marzipan, roll it about little finger width size into a sausage shape that is almost as long as the oval shape and lay it onto the dough about two thirds up . Now roll the smaller top over the marzipan and fold onto the Lower part. Make sure the marzipan is folded in well or it may run .The loaf should be a little thicker at one end as it is meant to resemble a sleeping baby. Slightly curve the loaf . Carefully move onto your flat baking tray..
- Cover lightly with baking or parchment paper or use a thin silicone liner put into oven and bake for about 45 minutes..
- Immediately after the Stollen comes out of the oven brush it with the 2 tablespoons of butter all over and leave to cool. When cooled down dust with icing sugar ..
- This can be made up to about 6 -8 weeks ahead to achieve a so called ripening, if you do , wrap the Stollen securely into tinfoil and keep in a very cold room or space, we put it in the garage , but not the fridge, because of moist and odour from other food items.
- This Stollen is good to eat from day one of you like.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food sig's fine german christmas stollen with marzipan recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan Recipe Video: