Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) this is the best recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, greek walnut cake (karydopita). It is one of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions daily. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They're fine and they look fantastic. Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) is something which I've loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have greek walnut cake (karydopita) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita):
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Take 2 cups of Sugar.
- Take 8 of Eggs.
- Prepare 4 cups of Walnuts.
- Prepare 3 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- Get of Syrup :.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of Cognac.
- Get 2 cups of Water.
Steps to make Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita):
- In a large bowl add in the sugar, butter, and egg yolks and beat until well combined. In a smaller bowl whisk the egg whites into a smooth meringue. Add half of the meringue into the mix and continue beating, slowly pour the rest of the meringue and whisk until it has become one smooth mixture. Toss in the walnuts, the flour, baking powder, and the rest of the ingredients, and beat until it has become one big mass..
- Tip: Add the baking powder into the flour and mix together before adding into the egg mix. I also add a bit of Cognac in the mixture before baking because it gives the cake a bit more of a taste of Cognac. 🙂.
- Take a buttered pan and add your cake mix and place in the oven at 190 degrees for 1/2 hour. In the meantime, in a small sauce pan add in the water, sugar and cognac, stir and let boil on very low heat..
- Once the cake has been baked, add the syrup and let it sit until the cake as absorbed the syrup. Let it cool for at least 1 hour before serving. You can add whip cream, or ice cream on the side for a twist. 🙂 Kali Orexi! 🙂.
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food greek walnut cake (karydopita) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) Recipe Video: