Pastitsio (greek pasta bake) this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pastitsio (greek pasta bake). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pastitsio (greek pasta bake) is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions every day. Pastitsio (greek pasta bake) is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have pastitsio (greek pasta bake) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pastitsio (greek pasta bake):
- Take 500 grams of (gluten free) pasta e.g. fusilli.
- Prepare 1 of sea salt.
- Get 1 of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 500 ml of (semi-skimmed) milk.
- Make ready 3 tsp of margarine.
- Make ready 6 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Get 500 grams of minced veal or extra lean beef.
- Make ready 250 ml of tomato passata.
- Get 1 large of onion, finely squared.
- Make ready 1 clove of garlic, finely grated.
- Make ready 1 tsp of grated cinammon.
- Get 2 tsp of allspice.
- Get 2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Get 1/2 cup of red dry wine or 1/4 cup cognac.
- Get 1 cup of grated goat's cheese (e.g. feta).
Steps to make Pastitsio (greek pasta bake):
- Boil the pasta in salted water and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil , until al dente. Then drain. You shouldn't need to rinse with cold water, because you added oil during boiling..
- Boil the milk in a pan and then reduce the heat. Add the margarine and cornflour ehile continuously stiring to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan. I used a hand mixer at a slow speed. When the sause is slightly thick , you add the nutmeg and set aside..
- In another pan, you saute the minced meat. When brown and all juices are reduced, you add the finely chopped onion and grated garlic until transparent and flavour the minced meat. Then you pour either the wine or cognac. If kids are sharing this dish, then you can skip the alcohol. Then in go the passata and spices. You reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until you get a thick sauce with some juice left..
- In a baking tray, you place half of the pasta with some grated cheese and a scoop of the white sauce whle mixing everything evenly. Then you pour on top of the pasta mix, all the minced meat sauce with a scoop of the white sauce. Finally, you place the remaining pasta with some grated cheese ontop of the previous layers. At the end, you pour the remaining white sauce and grated cheese on top of the final pasta layer. You bake for 20- 30 minutes in a pre- heated oven (at 180oC) or until the top layer becomes golden (I know mine looks more brown :-) )..
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food pastitsio (greek pasta bake) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Pastitsio (greek pasta bake) Recipe Video: