French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it's Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, french traditional recipe onion soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions daily. They're nice and they look fantastic. French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook french traditional recipe onion soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- Prepare 6 of large and sweet onions.
- Make ready 30 ml (1 oz) of extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- Make ready 60 g (2 oz) of butter.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 (70 oz.) of Liters of meat broth.
- Prepare 12 slices of baguette bread.
- Get 3 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- Get 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get of Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- Get 30 ml (1 oz) of brandy or cognac.
- Get 120 g (4 oz) of soft grated cheese (Gruyère type).
Steps to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet.
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl..
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup..
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic.
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup..
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol..
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl.
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food french traditional recipe onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup Recipe Video: