Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, it's John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, pre-civil war blackberry cobbler. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler is something which I've loved my entire life. They're fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pre-civil war blackberry cobbler using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler:
- Make ready 4 cups of fresh blackberries.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/4 cups sugar.
- Take 4 Tbl of cornstarch.
- Make ready 2 Tbl of blackberry brandy.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 Tbl of ground cinnamon.
- Take of For pastry: 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup sifted flour, 1/3 cup soft butter.
Instructions to make Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler:
- Place blackberries in a medium saucepan and crush with a potato masher. Saucepan is on low heat..
- Once thoroughly crushed, add the sugar and rise the heat to medium. Stir constantly until the mixture is boiling..
- Once boiling, continue to stir constantly for 5 minutes at the same heat. Do not turn it down and do not stop stirring..
- After 5 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat immediately..
- Stir in the nutmeg and cinnamon..
- In a separate cup or small bowl, mix together the brandy and cornstarch. Ideally, the brandy should be a bit chilled. Mix until it is thick liquid..
- Pour the cornstarch/brandy mixture into the saucepan and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and butter. Work in the butter by hand. The consistency should be crumbly and there should be no pieces of butter left..
- Pour the saucepan ingredients into a 9-inch casserole or baking dish. Pour the bowl mixture on top and spread evenly over the blackberry mixture..
- Place baking dish in the oven (preheated at 350 degrees) uncovered for 20 minutes..
- When done, the side edges of the dish should be starting to form a light, brown crust..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food pre-civil war blackberry cobbler recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler Recipe Video: