Shrimp Boil this is the popular recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, shrimp boil. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp Boil is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Shrimp Boil is something that I've loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have shrimp boil using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp Boil:
- Make ready 2 of lemons, quartered.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 3 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of whole black peppercorns.
- Take 1/2 cup of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Make ready 4 pounds of small new potatoes.
- Take 2 pounds of sweet Italian sausage (about 6 links).
- Get 2 of sweet or yellow onions, peeled, quartered.
- Get 8 ears of corn, shucked, cut in half.
- Make ready 4 pounds of fresh large shrimp (31–35 count).
- Get of Lemon sauce:.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 stick of butter or margarine.
- Take of Hot sauce.
- Make ready of Al's cocktail sauce.
Steps to make Shrimp Boil:
- Special Equipment A large (at least 12-quart) stockpot, preferably with a perforated insert, or 2 large (at least 6-quart) pots.
- Fill stockpot with 6 qt. water. Add lemons, bay leaves, salt, peppercorns, and 1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning, cover, and bring to a rolling boil. Add potatoes, return to a boil, and cook 7 minutes. Add sausage and onions, return to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Add corn, return to a boil, and cook until corn is cooked and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes more..
- For the lemon butter sauce (optional): 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, melted 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice, hot sauce (to taste; optional).
- Make the lemon-butter sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in lemon juice and hot sauce, if using. Taste and add more lemon juice, if needed. Cover and let sit in a warm place..
- Add shrimp and cook (no need to return to a boil), stirring gently, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove insert or drain through a very large colander..
- Serve the shrimp boil: Serve shrimp boil on a newspaper-lined table or large platters. Serve with sauces alongside, if desired..
- Serve with lemon sauce and Al's Cocktail Sauce..
- Cooks' Note If you can't find small new potatoes, cut larger potatoes into 1 1/2" chunks..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shrimp boil recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Shrimp Boil Recipe Video: