Geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust this is the well liked recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They're nice and they look fantastic. Geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust is something that I've loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust:
- Prepare of Crust.
- Take 130 g (1 cup) of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 35 g (1/3 cup) of confectioners sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup (1 stick) of cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks.
- Take of Custard.
- Make ready 1 pint (450 g) of cream.
- Take 70 g of sugar.
- Prepare of Vanilla.
- Take 6 (135 g) of egg yolks.
- Prepare of Rhubarb.
- Make ready 5 stalks of Rhubarb cut at 120 degree angle.
- Take 175 g of sugar.
- Prepare of Juice of 2 oranges.
Instructions to make Geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust:
- Shortbread Crust: Butter a 9 inch tart pan. Preheat oven to 375F..
- Whisk dry ingredients and add the butter using a food processor or a pastry cutter. Combine until crumbly. Pour into tart case and press into sides. Prick bottom with fork. Cover with parchment paper and baking beans and freeze for 30 min..
- Put the rhubarb in one layer in a roasting pan. Mix sugar and juice and pour over..
- Bake rhubarb and crust together 13 min and set on wire rack to cool. Blend leftover pastry with an egg and brush on the bottom to seal. Bake again for 5 min and cool again..
- Custard: combine cream and sugar and heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and add vanilla..
- Beat the eggs yolks in a mixing bowl. Strain hot cream through a sieve into the egg yolks, whisking constantly until combined.
- Place tart in oven. Strain the custard mixture into the tart case and bake for 20–30 minutes, or until just set with a slight wobble in the middle. Remove and cool completely. Arrange rhubarb on top decoratively..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Geometric rhubarb tart with vanilla custard and shortbread crust Recipe Video: