Shrimp Boil this is the popular recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, shrimp boil. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp Boil is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They're fine and they look fantastic. Shrimp Boil is something which I've loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have shrimp boil using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp Boil:
- Prepare 2 of lemons, quartered.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 3 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Take 4 pounds of small new potatoes.
- Make ready 2 pounds of sweet Italian sausage (about 6 links).
- Take 2 of sweet or yellow onions, peeled, quartered.
- Take 8 ears of corn, shucked, cut in half.
- Take 4 pounds of fresh large shrimp (31–35 count).
- Prepare of Lemon sauce:.
- Get 1 of lemon.
- Make ready 1/4 stick of butter or margarine.
- Take of Hot sauce.
- Make ready of Al's cocktail sauce.
Instructions to make Shrimp Boil:
- Special Equipment A large (at least 12-quart) stockpot, preferably with a perforated insert, or 2 large (at least 6-quart) pots.
- Fill stockpot with 6 qt. water. Add lemons, bay leaves, salt, peppercorns, and 1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning, cover, and bring to a rolling boil. Add potatoes, return to a boil, and cook 7 minutes. Add sausage and onions, return to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Add corn, return to a boil, and cook until corn is cooked and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes more..
- For the lemon butter sauce (optional): 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, melted 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice, hot sauce (to taste; optional).
- Make the lemon-butter sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in lemon juice and hot sauce, if using. Taste and add more lemon juice, if needed. Cover and let sit in a warm place..
- Add shrimp and cook (no need to return to a boil), stirring gently, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove insert or drain through a very large colander..
- Serve the shrimp boil: Serve shrimp boil on a newspaper-lined table or large platters. Serve with sauces alongside, if desired..
- Serve with lemon sauce and Al's Cocktail Sauce..
- Cooks' Note If you can't find small new potatoes, cut larger potatoes into 1 1/2" chunks..
So that's going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shrimp boil recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Shrimp Boil Recipe Video: