Jamaican Christmas Cake this is the well liked recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, jamaican christmas cake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Jamaican Christmas Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions daily. Jamaican Christmas Cake is something that I've loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jamaican christmas cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Christmas Cake:
- Make ready 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- Take 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Get 1/2 cup of currants.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dates.
- Take 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- Get 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- Get 1 cup of dark molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbs of browning.
- Prepare 1 tbs of lime juice.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Make ready 9 of eggs.
- Take 2 cups of butter.
- Take 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown sugar.
- Get 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Instructions to make Jamaican Christmas Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food jamaican christmas cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Jamaican Christmas Cake Recipe Video: