Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake) this is the well liked recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, earl grey swiss roll cake (black tea cake). One of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It's simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They're nice and they look wonderful. Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake) is something that I've loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook earl grey swiss roll cake (black tea cake) using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake):
- Take of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- Get of ■Earl Grey Sponge Cake（35×24ｃｍ / 13.8 × 9.4 in）.
- Get of ・ 4 eggs, LL size (240g, 8.5 oz).
- Get of ・70ｇ (1/3 cup) granulated sugar.
- Take of ・50ｇ(1/5 cup) milk.
- Prepare of ・10ｇ (1.5 tsp) honey.
- Make ready of ・8g (4 tsp) earl grey.
- Prepare of ・80ｇ (2/3 cup) cake flour.
- Get of ■Earl Grey Cream.
- Make ready of ◎200ｇ (9/10 cup) milk.
- Get of ◎4ｇ(2 tsp) earl grey.
- Make ready of ◎2 Tbsp hot water.
- Prepare of ◎40ｇ (1/5 cup) granulated sugar.
- Prepare of ・200ｇ (9/10 cup) heavy cream.
- Prepare of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Steps to make Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake):
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/HT1HsvsTfiI.
- (ingredients ◎) Make earl grey flavored milk paste for cream. Put earl grey in a small bowl. Pour 2 Tbsp hot water into it. Cover the small bowl with plastic wrap and leave it as it is. Warm milk on low heat for 2-3 min while stirring. Add the earl grey tea you put in the small bowl to the milk. Mix it roughly..
- Place a lid on and leave it for 10 min. Strain it with a tea strainer. Put it back in the pot..
- Add granulated sugar. Heat it on medium heat for 20 min while mixing. Heat it until it gets thickened enough to see the bottom of the pan. Strain it. Let it cool as it is..
- 【Earl Grey Sponge Cake】Put Earl Gray on a paper towel. Put a new paper towel on it. Crush the earl grey with a rolling pin to make it powder-like..
- Put milk and honey in a small bowl. Sift cake flour twice. Preheat an oven to 210℃ / 410 ºF. Prepare hot water to warm egg (low heat)..
- Beat egg lightly until it becomes watery. Add granulated sugar and mix lightly. Warm it in the hot water until it reaches body temperature. Put it out of the hot water..
- Let the milk and honey warm in the hot water (extremely low heat). Whisk the egg mixture with a hand mixer at high speed. Whisk until the trace of the dropped batter remains for a moment..
- Whisk it for 2 min on low speed to make bubbles same size. Add the earl grey powder to the milk and honey. Mix lightly and let it cool as it is..
- Add the cake flour to the cake batter in 3 parts while sifting again. Fold it 15-20 times each time. Mix the cake batter of the end and bottom..
- And then, fold it 50 times. It will get smooth and glossy. Put a small amount of the batter in a small bowl..
- Put the milk and earl grey mixture in the small bowl. Mix well. Put it back in the cake batter..
- Fold it 50 times. Mix bottom of the cake batter sometimes. Drop the bowl lightly 10 times to remove large bubbles..
- Pour it into a baking tray. Drop the tray lightly several times. Bake it at 180℃ / 356 ºF for 15 min..
- Drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Take the cake out of the tray. Let it cool..
- 【Earl Grey Cream】Put the earl grey flavored milk paste (process4) in a bowl. Add heavy cream to it in 5 parts. Mix it until it becomes evenly each time..
- Whip it on low speed while cooling with ice water. Whip it until it becomes heavy. Take it out of the ice water and whip it with a whisk. Whip it to soft peaks..
- 【Assemble cake!】Place new parchment paper on top of the cake and turn over the cake. Peel off the lining paper from the sponge cake. Place plastic wrap on and turn over the cake..
- Cut off the edge at an angle. Apply the cream. Roll the cake and plastic wrap together at the beginning. Roll it up tightly at the beginning..
- Lift the plastic wrap and push sometimes and roll. Wrap it with parchment paper. And then wrap it with plastic wrap completely. Let it sit in a fridge overnight to make the sponge moist..
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food earl grey swiss roll cake (black tea cake) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake) Recipe Video: