Easy Avgolemono (Greek egg-lemon soup or sauce) this is the well liked recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, easy avgolemono (greek egg-lemon soup or sauce). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy Avgolemono (Greek egg-lemon soup or sauce) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Easy Avgolemono (Greek egg-lemon soup or sauce) is something which I've loved my entire life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook easy avgolemono (greek egg-lemon soup or sauce) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Avgolemono (Greek egg-lemon soup or sauce):
- Prepare 1/2 c of cooked/canned chickpeas or sub any neutral base like a serving of pasta, 1/2 c cooked diced potatoes, or 1/2 c cooked shredded chicken, etc.
- Get 1 1/2 c of hot flavorful liquid (e.g. bean liquid, broth, pasta water, or miso paste diluted in 1 c water).
- Get of Zest and juice of 3 juicy lemons (~1 c lemon juice).
- Make ready 2 of eggs.
- Take 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dried herbs, recommend oregano, thyme or marjoram, as available.
- Prepare 1/4 c of fresh herbs, roughly chopped (recommend dill, parsley, fennel fronds, or mint – the idea is to bring some herby freshness and greenery to garnish).
- Prepare of Salt + Pepper.
- Prepare of Optional toppings: dash of olive oil, Greek-style yogurt, feta, breadcrumbs.
Steps to make Easy Avgolemono (Greek egg-lemon soup or sauce):
- 1. For the base: in a saucepan heat the chickpeas (or sub) and your flavorful liquid. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Bring to a medium-low simmer and cook for a few minutes with the lid ajar. If using pasta, cook as instructed, reserving 1 1/2 c of pasta water at the end..
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the lemon juice and zest, eggs and cornstarch, and whisk to combine. Trust me, you want the zest for extra lemony-ness!.
- 3. When the base is done, get a 1 c measuring cup or something with a handle that you can use to remove the liquid from the pot. Remove ~1 c of the hot liquid and while whisking, slowly stream the hot liquid into the egg-lemon mixture to temper and combine while continuing to whisk. This is your avgolemono..
- 4. Add the avgolemono to the saucepan with the base, and combine with a spatula incorporate. Cook on medium heat until the soup is lightly bubbling around the edges of the pot. Then turn off the heat and let stand for a few minutes to let the soup thicken..
- 5. Serve and garnish as desired with fresh and dried herbs, a dash of olive oil, more lemon zest, finishing sea salt, yogurt, breadcrumbs, etc..
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food easy avgolemono (greek egg-lemon soup or sauce) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Easy Avgolemono (Greek egg-lemon soup or sauce) Recipe Video: