Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way this is the best recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it's Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, vodka sauce the via appian way. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have vodka sauce the via appian way using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way:
- Get 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Make ready 1 tsp of fresh oregano finely chopped.
- Get 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare 5 of or more cranks of fresh ground red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of vodka.
- Get 1 pints of heavy cream.
- Take 1 bunch of basil.
- Make ready 1 box of penne, regular or mini.
Steps to make Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way:
- In a 4 qt. pot add olive oil and heat to medium. When oil ribbons add diced onions and cook until soft and slightly browned. About 5-6 minutes..
- Grind red pepper over pot, add oregano, parsley and stir for approximately 15 seconds..
- Add tomatoes, cover until the sauce begins to boil then simmer on low for 1 hour. Make sure to stir the sauce every so often. WARNING - the base for the sauce is really thick please use caution when removing the lid to stir. I've been hit by hot sauce. 😉.
- Carefully add vodka, stir, increase heat to medium, let sauce come to a boil, half cover pot and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir often..
- Remove lid and begin to slowly pour 1/2 the container of heavy cream (you will not need the whole container). Stir completely. Pour a little at a time until the sauce is salmon/pink in color. Slice thin between 5-10 large basil leaves and add to sauce. (This depends on your taste buds. We use more than 5.) Let sauce come to boil (lower the heat if needed) and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continually. Take off element immediately if you have an electric stove..
- Cook penne according to directions, make sure to drain completely and pour enough sauce to cover but not drown the penne. Add extra sauce on top of each portion, grated cheese and finish with fine shreds of fresh basil..
- LET'S TALK ABOUT HERBS - In the middle of winter when fresh herbs are too $$ it's fine to use dried herbs. For dried herbs use half the amount required by the recipe. So if it says 1 tspn fresh, use 1/2 tspn dried. Before adding dried herbs rub them between the palms of your hand to release the essential oil. ALL EXCEPT DRIED BASIL - eliminate it completely. Fresh basil has a unique taste and when the basil dries it changes the flavor and will bitter the sauce..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food vodka sauce the via appian way recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way Recipe Video: