Mother’s Amritsari Chole this is the popular recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, mother’s amritsari chole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mother’s Amritsari Chole is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Mother’s Amritsari Chole is something which I have loved my entire life. They're nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mother’s amritsari chole using 24 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mother’s Amritsari Chole:
- Take of To boil the chole (chickpeas).
- Make ready 2 cups of kabuli chana (chickpeas) soaked in room temperature water for more than 8 hours (after being soaked they will double in size).
- Take 1 of tea bag (for the colour).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of black pepper powder (for the fragrance).
- Get of salt to taste.
- Prepare of For the masala / main dish.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hing.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 4-5 cloves of garlic (beaten into a paste).
- Prepare 2 inch of ginger (beaten into a paste).
- Prepare 1-2 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- Take 3-4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced onions.
- Make ready 2 cups of pureed tomatoes.
- Get 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 3 tbsp of chole masala.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Make ready of salt to taste.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Make ready 1 inch of ginger cut into thin slices (fried).
- Get 1 tsp of kasoori methi.
Instructions to make Mother’s Amritsari Chole:
- Soak chickpeas in lightly salted water (at-least 8 hours) in almost double the quantity of water, the chickpeas will bloat up to double their size by the end.
- Approximately one hour before you start to pressure cook the chickpeas, add one tsp oil to the water (this is to ensure the chickpeas become a little extra soft).
- Strain the soaked water and add the chickpeas to a pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp black pepper powder and add 2 tea bags.
- Fill the cooker with enough water to submerge the chickpeas.
- Add a tsp of salt and mix well.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for about 4-5 whistles on medium flame (let the first whistle blow on full flame).
- Heat oil in a wok / kadhai.
- Add one tsp hing followed by cumin seeds.
- Wait for 30 seconds and add the garlic paste.
- As soon as garlic starts to become off-white add the ginger and mix well.
- Add the minced green chillies.
- Swirl around for another 30 seconds and the add the cinnamon sticks (whole), cloves and bay leaves.
- Once the dish gets fragrant, add the onions and keep stirring.
- Ensure the onions are cooked till they are brown, do not be lazy at this step because this is the main flavour of the dish.
- Once the onions are brown you can add all the spices (red chilli powder, chole masala, garam masala) and mix well for 1 minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes followed by some salt so that the tomatoes get cooked well.
- Fry the tomatoes until you see floating oil, again, skipping this step means compromising the flavour.
- From the pressure cooked chickpeas, strain (save 1.5 cups of water) and add the chickpeas to the curry at this point, they must be tender (easily squash-able).
- From the saved water, add a total of 1.5 cups to the dish, little at a time, checking for correct consistency.
- Mother's secret step - take a Pav bhaji masher or a strong karcha (spoon) and lightly mash around in the wok, be very careful as not to mash more than 10% of the total quantity.
- Stir the dish well and cook it on low flame covered for about 5 minutes (keep on swirling in between to avoid being stuck / burnt from the bottom).
- Squeeze half a lemon, add kasoori methi and stir.
- Turn off the stove and cover the wok.
- Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, take 1 tbsp oil and heat.
- Fry the sliced ginger in that pan and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Garnish the wok of chole with fried ginger slices and chopped cilantro.
- The dish will taste better if you leave it aside and let the spices marinate inside the chole for 4-5 hours.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food mother’s amritsari chole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Mother’s Amritsari Chole Recipe Video: