Very fruity Irish tea cake this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, very fruity irish tea cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Very fruity Irish tea cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Very fruity Irish tea cake is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have very fruity irish tea cake using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Very fruity Irish tea cake:
- Get of pre-soaking.
- Make ready 110 grams of raisins.
- Get 110 grams of currants.
- Prepare 110 grams of sultanas.
- Make ready 50 grams of chopped candied peel.
- Get 50 grams of demerara sugar.
- Make ready 150 ml of hot tea, any kind.
- Take of cake.
- Prepare 50 grams of pecan nuts.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- Take 225 grams of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
Steps to make Very fruity Irish tea cake:
- I find its always best to start this the night before. All you do is place the fruits and Peel in a bowl, then dissolve the sugar in the the hot tea and pour this over the fruits. Then cover with a cloth and leave to soak - as the fruits absorb the tea they become plump and juicy..
- When you are ready to make the cake, preheat the oven to 170°C then place the pecans on a baking tray and pop them in the oven. Give them 8 minutes to toast but put a timer on as the burn very easily..
- After they have cooled roughly chop the nuts. Now whisk the egg and add it to the fruits along with the toasted nuts and sifted flour. Give everything a thorough mixing. Add a tablespoon of milk and if the mixture still feels stiff, stir in another. Spoon the mixture into a prepared loaf tin and level with the back of a spoon. Bake on the lower shelf of the oven for 1 hour 10 minutes until it feels springy in the center..
- When it comes out of the oven turn it out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve it cut in thick slices spread generously with butter..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food very fruity irish tea cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Very fruity Irish tea cake Recipe Video: