Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) is something which I have loved my entire life. They're fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ):
- Get 1 of large chicken.
- Prepare 1 of whole garlic.
- Take 4 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 1 sheet of muslin cloth.
- Get 4 handfuls of hay.
- Make ready 1 bottle of cider.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper.
- Get of BBQ with a lid.
Steps to make Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ):
- Light the Braai. Once the coals are hot move to the side for indirect heat and put on the lid. Get up to about 180c.
- Flatten the whole garlic cloves. Stuff the chicken with half of the bay leafs and garlic and place the others on top. Season.
- Wrap the chicken in muslin and tie with string.
- In a pan create a bed of hay. Place the chicken on top and moisten the hay by pouring in the cider. Tuck all the hay in so it doesn’t overhang and catch fire 🔥.
- Place on the bbq and cook with the lid on for approx 1:30-2hrs.
- Halfway through cooking flip the chicken and pour in more cider to keep moist.
- Undo the muslin after the chicken had cooked till the juices run clear.
- On a direct coal heat now grill the skin until browned. Approx 5mins.
- Rest, carve and enjoy 😊.
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) Recipe Video: