Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) this is the well liked recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ):
- Get of large chicken.
- Get of whole garlic.
- Prepare of bay leafs.
- Get of muslin cloth.
- Get of hay.
- Prepare of cider.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper.
- Take of BBQ with a lid.
Steps to make Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ):
- Light the Braai. Once the coals are hot move to the side for indirect heat and put on the lid. Get up to about 180c.
- Flatten the whole garlic cloves. Stuff the chicken with half of the bay leafs and garlic and place the others on top. Season.
- Wrap the chicken in muslin and tie with string.
- In a pan create a bed of hay. Place the chicken on top and moisten the hay by pouring in the cider. Tuck all the hay in so it doesn’t overhang and catch fire 🔥.
- Place on the bbq and cook with the lid on for approx 1:30-2hrs.
- Halfway through cooking flip the chicken and pour in more cider to keep moist.
- Undo the muslin after the chicken had cooked till the juices run clear.
- On a direct coal heat now grill the skin until browned. Approx 5mins.
- Rest, carve and enjoy 😊.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) Recipe Video: