Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs this is the well liked recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, red wine-braised short ribs. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it's quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook red wine-braised short ribs using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs:
- Take 5 lbs of bone in Beef Short Ribs, 2-inch pieces.
- Take 3 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Make ready 1 bottle (750 ml) of Dry Red Wine (preferably Cabernet Sauvignon).
- Make ready 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Beef Bouillon Powder.
- Take 1 of Garlic (whole head), halved crosswise.
- Prepare 3 of medium Onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of medium Carrots, peeled, chopped.
- Take 3 of Celery Stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of fresh or dried Bay Leaves.
- Make ready 10 sprigs of Parsley.
- Take 8 sprigs of Thyme.
- Get 4 sprigs of Oregano.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of Rosemary.
- Take of Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
Instructions to make Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs:
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper on all sides..
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat..
- Working in batches, brown short ribs on all sides, about 8 mins per batch..
- Transfer short ribs onto a plate. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of drippings from pot..
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until onions are browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and deep red, about 2-3 minutes..
- Stir in wine, then add short ribs with any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil; lower heat to medium and simmer until wine is reduced by half, about 25 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add all herbs to pot along with the garlic. Stir in stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to the oven..
- Cook until short ribs are tender, about 2-2 1/2 hours. Transfer short ribs to a platter. Strain sauce from pot into a measuring cup. Spoon fat from surface of sauce and discard..
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in shallow bowls over mashed potatoes or rice; whichever your preference, with sauce spooned over them..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food red wine-braised short ribs recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs Recipe Video: