Greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding) this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions daily. Greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding) is something which I've loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding):
- Take 2 pints of semi-skimmed milk (abt 1100ml milk).
- Take 1 1/2 cups of sugar (abt 180gr).
- Get 90 gr of fine semolina.
- Get 30 gr of corn starch.
- Take 3 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 1 of ts vanilla extract.
- Take of Zest from 1 lemon.
- Prepare 80 gr of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Make ready of For the coating.
- Prepare 1 of small egg.
- Get 2 spoons of water.
- Get 2 spoons of sugar.
- Get of For serving.
- Take 1 spoon of honey.
- Make ready of Cinnamon powder.
Instructions to make Greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding):
- Put the milk and the sugar in a pot and warm it up in medium heat until it boils..
- In a bowl, mix the semolina, the corn starch. Then, add the eggs, the vanilla extract, the salt and the lemon zest and mix them well with a whisk..
- Start adding the milk mixture in the bowl with the semolina mixture very slowly and stir constantly. It’s very important to do it gradualy, without stop stirring otherwise the eggs may be boiled..
- When all milk has been transferred to the bowl, transfer the whole mixture back to the pot (the pot again under medium heat) and continue stirring till the mixture thickens..
- Remove from the heat, add the butter and mix it till butter is absorbed and melt..
- Apply some butter in a baking dish 25-27cm and sprinkle it with semolina. Pour the mixture and spread it well with a spatula..
- In a bowl mix the ingredients for the coating (egg, sugar, water) well and with a baking brush spread same on top of the mixture (not need to put it all-just to cover full surface)..
- Bake the cream for about 40-45mins at 180degC (fan) and then let the pudding cool for abt 4-5 hrs. Then, cut the pudding in pieces and serve it with some honey and cinnamon powder on top (like in the photo). Bonne appetit!.
So that's going to wrap this up for this exceptional food greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Greek galatopita (traditional milk cream pudding) Recipe Video: