Mom's chicken cacciatore this is the best recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it's Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, mom's chicken cacciatore. One of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mom's chicken cacciatore is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Mom's chicken cacciatore is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mom's chicken cacciatore using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's chicken cacciatore:
- Make ready 9 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 of large (or 2 medium) onion, roughly chopped.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped.
- Take 1 of green bell pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped.
- Take 12-15 of kalamata olives, pitted and halved.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of capers, drained.
- Take 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Get 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Take 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Take 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Make ready 1-796 ml of can of diced tomatoes.
Instructions to make Mom's chicken cacciatore:
- The day before, dry brine the chicken by sprinkling the thighs with salt. Place them on a rack atop a cookie sheet and leave then uncovered in your fridge. Pull them out 30 minutes before you start cooking. Dry brining overnight will ensure your chicken cooks super moist, super tender, and perfectly seasoned right down to the bone..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. In a tray, combine the flour with the garlic powder, a large pinch of salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Toss the chicken thighs in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Brown the thighs in the pan, skin-side first, until they're golden brown on all sides. This shouldn't take more than 6 or 7 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate..
- Add the onions to the pan and let fry for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic next and continue frying another 2 minutes. Add the green pepper, olives, and capers and fry another 2 minutes. Season with salt (lightly; the olives and capers are already salty) and several grinds of black pepper..
- Stir in the tomato paste and oregano and let cook for 2 minutes, then add the wine. Bring to a simmer and let reduce for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock and canned tomatoes. Let the sauce come up to a simmer again, then lay the thighs back into the pan. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the bottom doesn't burn. Check the seasoning again before serving..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mom's chicken cacciatore recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Mom's chicken cacciatore Recipe Video: