Beef Wellington this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a special dish, beef wellington. One of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Beef Wellington is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Beef Wellington is something which I've loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook beef wellington using 10 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Wellington:
- Get 1 kg of beef fillet.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 250 g of chestnut mushroom.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- Take 1 of large sprig fresh thyme.
- Prepare 100 ml of dry white wine.
- Get 12 slices of prosciutto.
- Get 500 g of puff pastry.
- Prepare of flour for dusting.
- Take 2 of egg yolks beaten with 1tsp water.
Steps to make Beef Wellington:
- Heat oven to 220C. Sit out puff pastry to thaw..
- Sit the 1kg beef fillet on a roasting tray, brush with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for 15 mins for medium-rare. Turn off oven. Chill in the fridge for at least 20 mins..
- Pulse-chop mushrooms in food processor so they have the texture of coarse breadcrumbs. Make sure not to over mix so they don’t become slurry..
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pan, add thyme, and fry the mushrooms on medium heat for about 10 mins stirring often until softened.
- Season the mushroom mixture, pour over wine and cook for about 10 mins until all the wine has been absorbed. The mixture should hold its shape when stirred..
- Remove the mushroom duxelle from the pan to cool and discard the thyme..
- Overlap two pieces of cling film over a large chopping board. Lay 12 slices prosciutto on the cling film, slightly overlapping, in a double row..
- Spread half the duxelles over the prosciutto, then sit the fillet on it and spread the remaining duxelles over..
- Use the cling film’s edges to draw the prosciutto around the fillet, then roll it into a sausage shape, twisting the ends of cling film to tighten it as you go..
- Chill the fillet while you roll out the pastry..
- Dust your work surface with a little flour. Roll out a third of the pack of puff pastry to a 18 x 30cm strip and place on a non-stick baking sheet..
- Roll out the remainder of the 500g pack of puff pastry to about 28 x 36cm..
- Unravel the fillet from the cling film and sit it in the centre of the smaller strip of pastry..
- Beat the egg wash and brush the pastry’s edges, and the top and sides of the wrapped fillet..
- Using a rolling pin, carefully lift and drape the larger piece of pastry over the fillet, pressing well into the sides..
- Trim the joins to about a 4cm rim. Seal the rim with the edge of a fork or spoon handle..
- Glaze all over with more egg yolk and, using the back of a knife, mark the beef Wellington with long diagonal lines taking care not to cut into the pastry..
- Chill for at least 30 mins and up to 24 hrs. Heat oven to 200C.
- Brush the Wellington with a little more egg yolk and cook until golden and crisp. 20-25 mins for medium-rare..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food beef wellington recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Beef Wellington Recipe Video: