Cottage Pie this is the best recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, cottage pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Cottage Pie is something which I've loved my entire life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cottage pie using 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage Pie:
- Prepare of Filling.
- Get 3 lb of ground beef (80/20).
- Make ready 3-4 strips of bacon (ground/minced) (optional).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Make ready 1 head of garlic (minced).
- Take 5 of medium carrots (diced).
- Take 4 of celery stalks (diced).
- Take 2 c of green beans (chopped 2 in long).
- Prepare 8 oz of package of mushrooms (diced).
- Get 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- Make ready 1/3 c of flour.
- Take 1/2 c of red wine (optional).
- Make ready 3-4 c of beef or vegetable broth.
- Take 1 tsp of Beef Better than Bullion (optional).
- Take of Seasoning.
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1-2 tsp of fresh chopped thyme.
- Make ready 1-2 of bay leaves (optional).
- Get of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 5 of large russet potatoes.
- Take 1 pint of cream or heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese (shaved).
- Make ready 1 stick of butter.
- Make ready 1/2-1 c of sour cream (Optional, but let’s be honest, preferred).
- Make ready of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Cottage Pie:
- Begin by browning the meat over medium heat. I like to add some ground bacon to add a little extra fat content and enhance the overall flavor. Remove the browned meat and set to the side..
- Add the diced onions and minced garlic to the pan you browned the meat in. Allow the onions to soften and your kitchen to fill with the best aroma known to chef-kind..
- Once your onions have softened add the diced celery, carrots and mushrooms and two tablespoons of butter. Season with fresh chopped thyme, salt, and pepper to taste..
- As the veggies cook mix in the tomato paste. After a couple minutes add the green beans. Veggies should soften slightly, however we do want a crunch to them..
- Mix in the flour and stir to coat. Allow to cook for a minute before adding the wine. Slowly begin adding broth to the mixture. A gravy-like texture will form and bind the meat and veggies. If you would like, add a tsp of Better than Bouillon to the mixture and stir. Add cayenne pepper (more if you like spice),paprika, and bay leaves. Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 min, stirring occasionally..
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Add the chopped potatoes to a pot of salted water and boil for 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender preferably as the filling begins to cook..
- Drain the potatoes and add butter, sour cream, and cheese. Begin to mash the potatoes using a masher, whisk, immersion blender, or wooden spoon. Slowly add cream while mashing to smoothen the mixture..
- Once smooth season to taste with salt and pepper..
- *Note: In my opinion mashed potatoes are an incredibly personal thing. Everyone’s recipe is different and everyone has their own potato preferences. Make whatever mash is going to make you happiest but my mash will always be buttery and creamy with a little tang from the sour cream and will ALWAYS have some lumps. Life is better lumpy..
- Remove components from heat and remove bay leaves from the filling. Preheat the oven to 410°F..
- This recipe will make two medium size pies or one very large pie. Fill your baking dish ⅔ full with filling..
- Pipe or spoon the mashed potatoes into an even layer over the filling. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 20-25 min or until golden brown. Broil for 2-3 minutes if you desire a crispier/darker finish on the potatoes..
- Serve and enjoy!.
- This recipe is incredibly easy to turn vegetarian or vegan friendly. Add additional mushrooms or root vegetables to the filling and sub any dairy components for your favorite dairy substitutes..
- I like crunchy veggies to compliment the rich and creamy texture of the potatoes. If a little crunch isn’t your thing, allow the veggies to saute for slightly more time prior to adding the flour and broth and then allow to simmer for about 10 min. Make sure you are stirring and adding more broth should the mixture become too thick..
- Seasoning is a preference. Like things spicier? Add more cayenne pepper or some hot sauce into the mixture. Need a garnish? Chop some parsley or chives and sprinkle over a steaming portion of pie. Think I’m missing something? Email me!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cottage Pie Recipe Video: