Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread) this is the best recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we're going to make a special dish, hokkaido (japanese milk bread). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It's appreciated by millions every day. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hokkaido (japanese milk bread) using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread):
- Make ready of For the starter:.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of bread flour.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Take of For the dough:.
- Prepare 3 cups of bread flour.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Take 2 1/4 teaspoons of rapid rise yeast.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of softened butter.
- Take 1 of egg room temp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of warmed milk.
- Prepare of Milk for brushing on top before baking.
- Prepare of Melted butter to brush on top after cooking.
Instructions to make Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread):
- In small sauce pan, combine all ingredients for the starter. Whisk until smooth..
- On medium heat, cook until thickened. Spoon should leave trail on bottom of pan..
- Remove from heat and place in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and push down so wrap sits on top of starter. This prevents skin from forming..
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast half the starter mixtureand salt. Stir until combined..
- In stand mixer bowl with doughhook attatched, add flour mixture, butter, egg and milk..
- Mix on low speed until dough is sticky but pulls away from sides and doesnt stick to hands..
- You may have to add some flour if it appears to loose..
- In bowl, grease tops and sides of dough..
- Cover with towel and let rise until doubled in size..
- Punch down. Divide dough into rolls or loaves. Can even use for cinnamon buns..
- Place in greased pan and let rise again..
- Brush tops with milk..
- Bake at 350 until golden brown..
- If browning to fast, cover withfoil until bread is cooked completely..
- Serve hot. This bread stays soft for days in wrap..
- I made 5 mini loaves and one pan of rolls from this recipe :).
- The starter you have left you can make another batch with or recipe can be doubled to use all of the starter..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food hokkaido (japanese milk bread) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread) Recipe Video: