Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce this is the well liked recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it's me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, dutch oven meat and lentil sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It's simple, it's quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have dutch oven meat and lentil sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce:
- Make ready 4 of carrots, minced.
- Get 1 of large onion, minced.
- Make ready 4 stalks of celery, minced.
- Get 2 pounds of ground beef.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee.
- Prepare 28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Make ready 28 oz of can pureed tomatoes.
- Get 28 oz of water.
- Get 8 oz of dried brown or green lentils.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Take 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Make ready of Crushed red pepper to taste.
- Get of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 1 cup of milk or non dairy milk substitute.
Steps to make Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce:
- Melt butter and saute the minced vegetables on the stove top using an oven safe dish, like a dutch oven. Mincing the vegetables is easily done in a food processor..
- Once the veggies have developed some color and browning cook the ground beef enough to break it up. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Add all the remaining ingredients except salt and milk, stir to combine, and transfer to the oven with the lid slightly cracked..
- Bake for 2-3 hours, until lentils are tender. Check after 1.5 hours to see if it needs a little more water added due to evaporation..
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper to taste, and serve over vegetables, pasta, or rice..
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food dutch oven meat and lentil sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce Recipe Video: