Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine this is the best recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, coq au vin, chicken in red wine. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It's simple, it's quick, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook coq au vin, chicken in red wine using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine:
- Get 3 lb of Boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thigh).
- Get 3 cup of Red wine, I used Pinot Noir.
- Take 6 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Get 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Get 1/2 lb of Smoked bacon.
- Prepare 1 lb of Mushrooms, I used baby portobellos.
- Get 1 of Onion, sliced into rings.
- Make ready 2 cup of Chicken broth.
- Take 1 cup of Flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (for dredging the chicken).
Instructions to make Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine:
- Combine wine, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and pepper..
- Place chicken pieces in wine marinade and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dry completely. Save the liquid! You will add it back to the recipe later..
- While chicken is drying, Chop and brown bacon in a Dutch oven or NON Teflon pan (u want to develop the brown bits in the pan for flavor).
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside..
- Dredge the chicken in seasoned flour and brown in batches. Then remove and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion & mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes or so..
- Add the wine marinade and chicken broth and bring it to a boil..
- Add back in the bacon and chicken pieces..
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 1 1/2 hours. Stirring gently every half hour..
- Remove and let rest 15 minutes or so to allow gravy to thicken..
- Great served with crusty garlic bread for dipping in the gravy..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food coq au vin, chicken in red wine recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Coq Au Vin, Chicken In Red Wine Recipe Video: