Venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce this is the popular recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They're nice and they look fantastic. Venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce:
- Get 1/4 cup of flour.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 pinch of pepper.
- Get 6 of venison loin steaks about 1/2 inch thick. Use more or less steaks depending on size of steaks. I usually use about 4 oz steaks..
- Make ready 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, important to use olive oil as it cooks at higher temperatures without burning.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine, i use whatever i have, usually a cab or merlot..
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Get 2 tbsp of water.
- Take 1 tsp of marjoram.
- Take 1/2 tsp of beef bouillon granules, chicken bouillon works fine also..
- Make ready 4 oz of crumbled blue cheese.
Steps to make Venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce:
- In shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge steaks in flour mixture to coat..
- In 12 inch non stick skillet/pan, heat 2 tbs. butter and olive oil over medium heat..
- When butter and oil is heated, add steaks and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until desired doneness, turning steaks once. (keep in mind venison is always best if cooked to medium or under, but any doneness will be delicious with this dish).
- Transfer steaks to warm platter and cover to keep warm..
- To same skillet/pan, add wine, onion, water, marjoram, and bouillon. (I usually have this mixture already combined in a container so I can quickly add ingredients to skillet/pan all at once for this step).
- Cook over medium heat until reduced by half, stirring constantly..
- Add remaining butter and blue cheese..
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until sauce is smooth and blue cheese is melted, stirring constantly..
- Spoon sauce over steaks. And serve with side and veggie of your choice. I serve mine with garlic mashed potatoes and a fresh veggie, usually asparagus cooked with a light coat of oil and salt and pepper..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Venison steaks with red wine blue cheese sauce Recipe Video: