Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, dutch oven meat and lentil sauce. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce is something that I've loved my entire life. They're nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook dutch oven meat and lentil sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce:
- Take 4 of carrots, minced.
- Take 1 of large onion, minced.
- Take 4 stalks of celery, minced.
- Take 2 pounds of ground beef.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee.
- Make ready 28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Get 28 oz of can pureed tomatoes.
- Make ready 28 oz of water.
- Take 8 oz of dried brown or green lentils.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Get of Crushed red pepper to taste.
- Take of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 1 cup of milk or non dairy milk substitute.
Steps to make Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce:
- Melt butter and saute the minced vegetables on the stove top using an oven safe dish, like a dutch oven. Mincing the vegetables is easily done in a food processor..
- Once the veggies have developed some color and browning cook the ground beef enough to break it up. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Add all the remaining ingredients except salt and milk, stir to combine, and transfer to the oven with the lid slightly cracked..
- Bake for 2-3 hours, until lentils are tender. Check after 1.5 hours to see if it needs a little more water added due to evaporation..
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper to taste, and serve over vegetables, pasta, or rice..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food dutch oven meat and lentil sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Dutch Oven Meat and Lentil Sauce Recipe Video: