Umeshu - Japanese plum wine this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, umeshu - japanese plum wine. One of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Umeshu - Japanese plum wine is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They're fine and they look fantastic. Umeshu - Japanese plum wine is something which I've loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have umeshu - japanese plum wine using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Umeshu - Japanese plum wine:
- Make ready 1 kg of green plum (unripe).
- Prepare 500 g of white rock sugar(crystallized sugar).
- Make ready 1800 ml of distilled spirits called “white liquor” (vodka can be substantiated).
Steps to make Umeshu - Japanese plum wine:
- To sanitize a glass jar, pour boiling water in the jar, drain well and air dry..
- Wash plums gently, remove hulls with a bamboo stick, and dry well with paper towels one by one. Please make sure the plums are dried well otherwise the moisture of plums will cause growing mold in the jar..
- I recommend using rock sugar for making plum wine. It takes time to dissolve and that means it helps to extract the flavors from the plums at a slower pace..
- To make plum wine, we need distilled spirits at 35% alcohol by volume. In Japan, A kind of distilled liquor called White Liquor is commonly used for plum wine. Vodka can be substitute for white liquor if you cannot find it in your country..
- Layer the plums and the sugar alternately in the jar and pour over white liquor..
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool, dark place. You can start drinking Umeshu after it’s been resting for at least 6 months. You need to be a little patient but it is worth waiting! Give the jar gently shake everyday to mix sugar and the liquor well for the first month. Better to write the date you started on the jar so that you can remember when the plum wine gets drinkable!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food umeshu - japanese plum wine recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Umeshu - Japanese plum wine Recipe Video: