Irish Sherry Strawberry Trifle this is the best recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, irish sherry strawberry trifle. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Irish Sherry Strawberry Trifle is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Irish Sherry Strawberry Trifle is something that I've loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have irish sherry strawberry trifle using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Irish Sherry Strawberry Trifle:
- Take 4 cups of flour.
- Make ready 3 cups of sugar.
- Take 2 cups of chopped strawberries.
- Make ready 5 of eggs.
- Make ready 1 stick of butter.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Sherry (I used Brandy as a substitute).
- Make ready 2 1/4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 cups of water.
Instructions to make Irish Sherry Strawberry Trifle:
- For the custard: In a bowl, mix 4 eggs with 1 1/4 tbl of sugar. Add the vanilla extract and mix. In a saucepan, heat 2 1/4 cups of milk. Do not boil, or it will curdle. Once milk is hot, pour into egg mixture and stir while adding to the bowl. Then, place entire bowl contents into the saucepan and heat - stirring constantly. Stir until custard coats the back of your stirring spoon. Place in a container and set aside for now..
- For the strawberry topping: Take the chopped strawberries and add 2 cups of water to a saucepan. Heat until mixture is a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add 1 cup of sugar and bring to a rolling boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes - stirring often to dissolve sugar. Place in a container and set aside for now..
- For the shortbread: Mix 1 stick of butter with 1/2 cup of sugar with a mixer or by hand. Add 1 cup of flour, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp baking powder. Add 1 egg and mix. Chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Take out of refrigerator and roll out on a flat surface. Cut shortbread into small round shapes using a cookie cutter or an upside down wine glass. Place onto a greased cookie sheet and bake in oven at 400 degrees. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cookies should just be turning a slight golden color around the edges..
- Making the trifle: Take a tall glass (I only have maurgarita glasses). Crumble one of the shortbread cookies into the bottom of the glass. Pour sherry over the crumbled cookie until it absorbs all the alcohol. Pour the custard over this. Place another shortbread cookienover the top. Pour the strawberry topping over this. If desired, put whipped cream on top. Garnish with strawberry. Note: You may add as many layers as you like - depending on how tall your glass is..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food irish sherry strawberry trifle recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Irish Sherry Strawberry Trifle Recipe Video: