Port-Braised Short Ribs this is the popular recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, port-braised short ribs. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Port-Braised Short Ribs is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Port-Braised Short Ribs is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have port-braised short ribs using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Port-Braised Short Ribs:
- Prepare 26 of Beef Short Ribs.
- Get of Vegetable Oil.
- Make ready of AP Flour.
- Take of Salt/Black Pepper.
- Take 4 c of Mirepoix (3 yellow onions, 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks).
- Get of Truffle infused EVOO.
- Make ready 3 of Shallots, minced.
- Make ready 1 bottle of Port.
- Prepare 2 qt of Beef Stock.
- Take 2 c of Madeira wine.
- Prepare 4 of Fresh Thyme, sprigs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/ Black Pepper.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of Butter.
Steps to make Port-Braised Short Ribs:
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Preheat a large dutch oven with vegetable oil, Enough to coat the pan. Toss the short ribs into the salt and black pepper mix. Shake off excess flour.
- Place short ribs into hot pan, fat sides first, and carmelize all sides. Remove from pan..
- Add the mirepoix, and drizzle in the truffle olive oil. Stir and brown. About 8 minutes..
- Add shallots. Cook 3 minutes..
- Deglaze pan with port, add beef stock, and add the short ribs. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add madeira, fresh thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and put it in an oven at 250°F for 4 hrs..
- Remove cover, and ladle 3 oz of the braise sauce into a sauce pan. Turn it to high, and reduce. 2 - 3 minutes. Swirl in 1 T of butter. Spoon over short ribs when plating..
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food port-braised short ribs recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Port-Braised Short Ribs Recipe Video: