Candied onions with port this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, candied onions with port. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Candied onions with port is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Candied onions with port is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook candied onions with port using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Candied onions with port:
- Take 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 4 of medium size red onions.
- Make ready 5 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Make ready 4 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Make ready 200 ml of port.
- Take 2 of cloves.
- Make ready 1 pinch of dry thyme.
- Make ready 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Instructions to make Candied onions with port:
- Peel and cut the onions in two, lengthwise..
- Slice them thinly and cook them in preheated pan with sunflower oil till translucent..
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, cook for ten minutes stirring often till onions are brown and soft..
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to low and let simmer till all liquid is gone stirring once in a while (45 minutes, more or less)..
- Remove the cloves and put hot in small mason jars (jam type), seal covers and let cool down completly before storing in fridge..
- Can be preserved for up to three months..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food candied onions with port recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Candied onions with port Recipe Video: