Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, glazed baked ham w/ rum-raisin sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce is something which I've loved my entire life. They're fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have glazed baked ham w/ rum-raisin sauce using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce:
- Take 6-8 lb. of bone-in ham (shank end or butt end).
- Get Dash of cinnamon and dried ginger.
- Prepare 25 of whole cloves.
- Make ready of Glaze:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Take 2 tbs. of balsamic vinegar.
- Make ready 2 tbs. of dark grain mustard.
- Get of Rum Raisin Sauce:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Make ready 2 tbs. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of dry mustard.
- Make ready 1 tbs. of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 1 cup of golden raisins.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of grated lemon peel (or orange peel).
- Prepare 2 tbs. of lemon juice (or juice from orange).
- Make ready 1 cup of water.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of white rum.
Steps to make Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place ham in a roasting pan fat side up. Lightly dash the meat with cinnamon and ginger. Dot the meat skin with cloves..
- For a nice presentation make long cuts with a sharp knife that resembles a diamond pattern. Insert a clove in each diamond shape..
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the ham and down both sides. Put the ham in the heated oven and bake for 60 minutes..
- Prepare the glaze by adding the sugar, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl and mix to a paste consistency. Set aside..
- After the initial baking time, baste the pan juices over the ham and coat all sides with the glaze. Tent the ham with the foil on top..
- Bake for another 30 minutes. Baste the ham again after 15 minutes and at the end. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes before carving..
- Full bake time is about 15-17 minutes per lb. or internal temp reads 125°F. Note: the ham is pre-cooked so reaching a higher internal temp tends to dry the meat out..
- For the sauce: In a saucepan, add brown sugar, cornstarch and dry mustard. Next add the vinegar, raisins, grated peel, and juice. Heat the pan over medium heat and gradually add the water while whisking..
- Continue heating, adding the rum, and stir frequently until it thickens and slightly bubbles. Set aside to slightly cool. [Makes about 2 cups].
- To carve: Place the ham on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut 2-3 thin slices on the skin side of the ham, down towards the bone..
- Next make one single cut into the ham to release the slices. Repeat the carving steps. [Save the bone for stock – bean soup].
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food glazed baked ham w/ rum-raisin sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce Recipe Video: