Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes this is the popular recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, soft and smooth japanese sweet potato cakes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes is something which I've loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook soft and smooth japanese sweet potato cakes using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes:
- Make ready 1 of large sweet potato, 470 g (16 oz).
- Get 50 g of (1.76 oz, 1/4 cup) granulated sugar.
- Get 30 g of (1oz, 1/7 cup) unsalted butter.
- Make ready 10 g (1/2 Tbsp) of honey.
- Make ready 1 of egg yolk.
- Take 50 g of (1.8 oz, 1/5 cup) heavy cream.
- Get 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- Get of ■For brushing on the cake.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rum.
- Make ready of honey.
- Make ready of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Steps to make Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes:
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/flYdb3k2sgQ.
- Wrap a sweet potato with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake it at 190℃ / 374 F for 60-70 mins (no need to preheat). Bake it until soft enough to insert a skewer smoothly..
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. (net weight; about 380g / 13.4 oz).
- Transfer the sweet potato flesh onto the mash sieve and strain it by pressing with a spoon or spatula. Preheat an oven to 200℃ / 392 F..
- Add granulated sugar, unsalted butter, honey, egg yolk, and vanilla oil in order, mix well each time until combined..
- Add heavy cream in 3-4 parts and mix well each time until combined..
- Divide it into 9 equal and use your hand to form each like sweet potato shape. Put them on a baking tray. (Depending on the water content of the sweet potato, the batter may be too soft for you to shape by hand. In that case, use a spatula or a spoon to put the batter on a baking tray and bake as it is.).
- Put egg yolk and 1/2 tsp rum in a small bowl. Mix well until combined. Brush the surface of 9 pieces with the egg mixture..
- Bake it at 200℃/ 392 F for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Brush freshly baked cakes with honey (optional). It's all done!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food soft and smooth japanese sweet potato cakes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes Recipe Video: