Light Fruit Cake this is the well liked recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we're going to make a special dish, light fruit cake. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Light Fruit Cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Light Fruit Cake is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have light fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Light Fruit Cake:
- Get 3/4 cup (120 grams) of candied mixed peel.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (100 grams) of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- Make ready 1/3 cup (40 grams) of dark raisins.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- Take 3 of large eggs, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond extract.
- Take 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 cup (50 grams) of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Get 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
- Make ready of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- Get 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- Take of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
Instructions to make Light Fruit Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 - 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
So that's going to wrap this up for this special food light fruit cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Light Fruit Cake Recipe Video: