Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake this is the best recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, it's Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, roscón de reyes - spanish christmas cake. One of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It's simple, it's quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake is something which I've loved my whole life. They're fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook roscón de reyes - spanish christmas cake using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake:
- Take of Preferment.
- Get 1/2 cup (120 ml) of warm milk.
- Get 4 g of instant dry yeast.
- Make ready 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of bread flour.
- Prepare of 💕For The Dough.
- Get 4 cups (440 g) of bread flour.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 50 g of sugar.
- Make ready 120 ml of milk.
- Make ready 3 of eggs.
- Get of Zest of an orange.
- Prepare 15 ml of vanilla extract.
- Take 1 tsp of orange blossom water.
- Get 60 g of soft unsalted butter.
- Take of 💕Fillings.
- Make ready 2 cups of Pearl sugar (I used 80g).
- Take 150 g of dried apricots.
- Make ready 1/2 cups of dried cranberries (soaked with 50ml Rum or orange).
- Make ready of 💕For the decoration.
- Take 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 30 ml of milk.
- Take 30 g of almond flakes.
- Make ready 30 g of pearl sugar.
Steps to make Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake:
- In a smaller bowl, Stir the yeast into the lukewarm milk & flour. Cover & let it double in size. (1).
- For the dough: In a standing mixing bowl with a dough hook, add flour, sugar, salt & (1), milk, eggs. Mix for about 10 minutes until the dough becomes fluffy. Meanwhile put orange zest, vanilla, butter and knead well until the dough is smooth & elastic. To enhance orange flavor, add a tsp of orange blossom water. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave in a moderately warm place to double in size..
- Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead for 3-4 minutes. Flour the surface and roll the dough out to about 60 cm x 12 cm (24"x 5"). Sprinkle sugar, dried apricots, cranberries. Roll the dough very carefully. With a knife, cut the dough in half. Put one side over & over & make like a braid..
- Transfer the dough into a greased pan. Let the dough rest about 30 minutes then brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle pearl sugar on top of it..
- Preheat the oven at 170oC. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25-30 minutes – check after 15 minutes and cover with aluminum foil if the top gets too dark. The roscón should get a nice golden color on top. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely. Best served warm..
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food roscón de reyes - spanish christmas cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake Recipe Video: