Panettone - Italian Christmas Cake this is the favored recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, panettone - italian christmas cake. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Panettone - Italian Christmas Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It's enjoyed by millions every day. Panettone - Italian Christmas Cake is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook panettone - italian christmas cake using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Panettone - Italian Christmas Cake:
- Make ready of Preferment.
- Prepare 5 gm of instant yeast.
- Take 122 gm of water.
- Make ready 67 gm of high protein flour (13.5% protein or higher).
- Get of Starter ingredients.
- Get 33 gm of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 22 gm of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Take 100 gm of bread flour.
- Get of Final dough.
- Prepare 67 gm of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 67 gm of caster sugar.
- Take 1 of large egg & 2 yolks (remove a tbsp of white),.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get of Zest of 1 orange & lemon.
- Get 2 tsp of honey (I used the leftover syrup from making candied orange).
- Get 204 gm of bread flour, sieved.
- Get 5 gm of salt.
- Make ready of Dried Fruits.
- Take 50 g of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 50 g of dried apricot.
- Get 50 g of raisin.
- Take 50 g of candied orange.
- Make ready 100 ml of Caribbean Rum.
- Make ready of Other.
- Take of For 2 Corrogulated paper moulds size 112mm x 85mm.
- Prepare 12 of -inchmetal or wooden skewers.
- Prepare of Or you can use 8 ramenkins & mugs like I did.
Instructions to make Panettone - Italian Christmas Cake:
- Soak all dried fruits in rum overnight preferably. Strain excess rum before mixing into dough..
- Starter dough (Preferment): Mix the above and set aside until all bubbly. That's about 30 minutes or thereabout..
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter & sugar until smooth. Add egg & mix until combined. Pour the butter mixture into the Preferment & whisk until combined. Then add the sifted flour into this mixture and fold & whisk until evenly combined. Cover & stick in fridge for 7 to 12 hours. Best is over-night or whatever schedule suits you. It should be about triple in size. When ready to use, take it out & bring to room temperature. That's the first part!.
- Using whisk attachment, beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy. Add egg, beat until combined. Add vanilla extract, honey & zest. Add starter dough & beat until incorporated. Change to hook attachment Add flour. Knead for 10 minutes using speed 2. Rest for 5 minutes..
- Knead for another 10 minutes, using speeds 2 & 3 until windowpane..
- Add soaked fruits. Knead for 5 minutes at speed 2, until combined..
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Stretch & fold 3 times with 20 minutes interval. Set aside and let it proof until double in size..
- Lightly oil the counter top. Pour dough out & divide into 2 equal halves or 8 equal pieces if you use Ramenkins. Shape into a boule & drop into case. Oil your hands for easier handling of the dough..
- Let dough proof until just below the rim of the case. Cut a cross at the top & place a, small piece of cold butter in the middle. Or you can egg wash and sprinkle pearl sugar & almond flakes..
- Bake at 170C, bottom rack. Tent the top heat for 5 minutes. Then remove. Continue baking for another 30-35 minutes. Half way through baking, turn the bread 180 degrees..
- Remove from the oven and pierce 12-inch metal or wooden skewers all the way through the panettone (including the paper) 4 inches apart and 1 inch from the bottom so the skewers are parallel. Hang the panettone upside down over a large stockpot and cool completely before cutting. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely. To store the panettone, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then either place in a resealable plastic bag in the fridge..
- This recipe makes a beautiful, soft, supple dough that is much like a brioche. It’s stunning, and the flavor lives up to its looks. The bread is incredibly soft and sweet, and just loaded with flavor thanks to the vanilla bean, lemon zest, cranberries and candied orange peel..
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food panettone - italian christmas cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Panettone - Italian Christmas Cake Recipe Video: