Squash Pumpkin pie this is the best recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, squash pumpkin pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Squash Pumpkin pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions every day. Squash Pumpkin pie is something which I've loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook squash pumpkin pie using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Squash Pumpkin pie:
- Get of Flaky Pie Crust.
- Prepare 260 g of all purpose flour.
- Take 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Get 90 g of unsalted cold butter diced.
- Prepare 60 g of shortener (fat or margarin).
- Make ready 5-8 tablespoon of iced water.
- Get of Pumpkin filling.
- Make ready 300 g of to 500g pumpkin puree.
- Take 2 of eggs 1 extra yolk.
- Prepare 60 g of granulated sugar.
- Get 2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Take 200 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- Make ready Half of teaspoon salt.
- Prepare 30 g of unsalted softened butter.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of rum/optional.
Steps to make Squash Pumpkin pie:
- Mix the dry ingredients for the crust. Add the diced butter and mix by hand or machine no spatula or whisker. By hand you should mix as if playing with sand while at times pressing at the butter with your palm then mixing again. After 2 minute it should come together into crumb like sizes..
- Add the shortening. I used fat, it should be around 3 to 4 tablespoon. Mix it into the dough like the butter. It should be ready when you can keep it together into palm sized portions..
- Add the water one at a time after mixing. Count the portion because sometimes its enough with 5 spoons, sometimes you need 7 or 8 to get the right dough. Try making it into a ball while mixing and at times pressing down with your palm. Its good when you can roll it into a smooth ball. The texture should be wet when you press it but not enough to let out water. It us ready when there is no dough stucking to your bowl..
- Roll out a plastuc wrap put the ball down and press it into a small disc. Wrap it then refrigate 30minute to 3 hours. It depends on the brand of your butter and shortening. Margarin needs more time than fat to be solid again..
- If you plan for a no-bake filling then bake the crus for about 30 minutes after rolling it into a 9 inch sized circle and putting it into your pan..
- For baked filling if its the texture like yogurt then pre-bake it for 7to10 minute until the sides are golden in color then cool it for 30min. You should use pie weight to keep the middle from moving upward. If the texture us close to that of jam than just bake it together. Usually if the filling is good then the crust is finished too, but you should see the crust sides turn golden..
- For the filling you should either bake, boil or steam your pumpkin then squash the pulo or just use a chopper. Its okay to buy ready made pumpkin or puree. Wait until it cools..
- Mix the egg and yolk with sugar for 2min until it turns slightly brigther in color. Mix the pumpkin with the spice thoroughly then add it to the mixture. Finally pour the whipping cream then mix for 2 min or until it thickens slightly..
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust then bake it for 15 min on 200C° then turn down to 180C° and bake it for 30 min. Its good when the filling leaves no trace on the knife edge or the crust turns golden. Leave to cool for 30 min..
So that's going to wrap this up with this exceptional food squash pumpkin pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Squash Pumpkin pie Recipe Video: