Pineapple Shortcake this is the favored recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, pineapple shortcake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pineapple Shortcake is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. Pineapple Shortcake is something which I've loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook pineapple shortcake using 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pineapple Shortcake:
- Get of Fillings:.
- Make ready 750 g of Pineapple,.
- Get 1 Inch of Cinnamon Stick,.
- Take 5 of Cloves,.
- Prepare 1 of Star Anise,.
- Get 40 g of Caster Sugar,.
- Prepare 40 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- Make ready 50 g of Maltose Syrup,.
- Take 2 TBSP of Coconut Rum,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Desiccated Coconut,.
- Get Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare of Dough:.
- Take 125 g of Cake Flour,.
- Make ready 20 g of Caster Sugar,.
- Get 25 g of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- Prepare 25 g of Milk Powder,.
- Prepare of Egg Wash, 1 Egg Lightly Beaten + 1 TBSP Water.
- Make ready 1/2 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- Get 125 g of Unsalted Butter Softened,.
Instructions to make Pineapple Shortcake:
- Prepare the pineapple jam. Peel the pineapple with a sharp chopping knife. Divide into 4. Separate the core from the pineapple. Finely chop the pineapple and core..
- Place them on a strainer to drain out excess juices and liquid. Set aside for about 15mins. You should have 750g worth of chopped pineapples. If you do not have the exact weight, calculate and adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly..
- Taste your pineapple before cooking. If the pineapple is sweet, use less sugar. If the pineapple is tang, use more sugar. In a skillet over medium heat, add the chopped pineapple..
- Transfer cinnamon, cloves and star anise into an empty tea bag. Seal tightly and add into the skillet. Saute until aromatic. Add in sugar and maltose..
- A quick tip. Maltose syrup is difficult to work with at room temperature. After measuring out, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let steam for about 5 mins or until the maltose is liquify.*.
- Stir well to combine. Stir, stir, stir. Continue stirring until the pineapple jam is dry and sticky. It should take about 15 to 20 mins. Add in desiccated coconut and coconut rum..
- Be careful when adding in the rum, as flame might be ignited in the hot skillet.* Continue sauteing until the pineapple jam is slightly caramelized. Lastly, add salt. Taste and adjust for sweetness and tang..
- If it is too sweet, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. If it is too tang, add more sugar and season lightly with salt. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool down completely..
- On a side note, you can add a cup of water to deglaze the skillet. Bring it up to a simmer. Transfer into a cup. Add in a tea bag. You have a fine pineapple tea.*.
- While the pineapple mixture is cooling down, prepare the dough. In a mixing bowl, sift together cake flour and milk powder. Add in salt and stir to combine well. In another large mixing bowl, using a fork, cream butter until light and fluffy..
- Add in sugar and cream until well combined. Add in egg. Lightly whisk until the mixture is light and creamy. Whisk, whisk, whisk..
- Add 1/3 portion of the flour mixture. Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Keep folding until mixture is well combine. Repeat this process until all the mixture is combine and come together as a dough..
- Transfer onto a cling film. Wrap and let it firm up in the fridge for at least 40 mins to an hr. After the pineapple jam has cooled down. Measure 15g for each portion..
- Roll each portion into a ball and place them on a plate. Cover with cling film and let it firm up in the fridge at least an hour..
- Assemble the shortcake. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius or 340 fahrenheit. Divide the dough in half and place the other half in the fridge until ready to use. Measure 15g for each portion..
- Roll each portion into balls. Follow the above directions and photos in shaping the shortcakes or you can check out my Instagram highlights. *Note that the butter in the dough will melt very fast. If you find that the dough is difficult to work with, dust some flour, roll into a ball and shape again.*.
- After shaping each shortcake, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat the process until all the shortcakes are shaped. Lightly brush the shortcakes with egg wash with a pastry brush..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven and flip the shortcakes. *It is best to flip the shortcakes with 2 spatula. They are at its most vulnerable stage, so treat them with tender love and care,*.
- Brush with egg wash. Wack into the oven and bake for the final 8 to 10 mins or until it is golden yellow. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving. The shortcakes taste better the next day..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pineapple shortcake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Pineapple Shortcake Recipe Video: