Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a special dish, glazed baked ham w/ rum-raisin sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It's enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce is something which I've loved my whole life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook glazed baked ham w/ rum-raisin sauce using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce:
- Get 6-8 lb. of bone-in ham (shank end or butt end).
- Take Dash of cinnamon and dried ginger.
- Make ready 25 of whole cloves.
- Get of Glaze:.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of dark grain mustard.
- Take of Rum Raisin Sauce:.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Take 2 tbs. of cornstarch.
- Get 1 tbs. of dry mustard.
- Take 1 tbs. of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 1 cup of golden raisins.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of grated lemon peel (or orange peel).
- Make ready 2 tbs. of lemon juice (or juice from orange).
- Make ready 1 cup of water.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of white rum.
Instructions to make Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place ham in a roasting pan fat side up. Lightly dash the meat with cinnamon and ginger. Dot the meat skin with cloves..
- For a nice presentation make long cuts with a sharp knife that resembles a diamond pattern. Insert a clove in each diamond shape..
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the ham and down both sides. Put the ham in the heated oven and bake for 60 minutes..
- Prepare the glaze by adding the sugar, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl and mix to a paste consistency. Set aside..
- After the initial baking time, baste the pan juices over the ham and coat all sides with the glaze. Tent the ham with the foil on top..
- Bake for another 30 minutes. Baste the ham again after 15 minutes and at the end. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes before carving..
- Full bake time is about 15-17 minutes per lb. or internal temp reads 125°F. Note: the ham is pre-cooked so reaching a higher internal temp tends to dry the meat out..
- For the sauce: In a saucepan, add brown sugar, cornstarch and dry mustard. Next add the vinegar, raisins, grated peel, and juice. Heat the pan over medium heat and gradually add the water while whisking..
- Continue heating, adding the rum, and stir frequently until it thickens and slightly bubbles. Set aside to slightly cool. [Makes about 2 cups].
- To carve: Place the ham on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut 2-3 thin slices on the skin side of the ham, down towards the bone..
- Next make one single cut into the ham to release the slices. Repeat the carving steps. [Save the bone for stock – bean soup].
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food glazed baked ham w/ rum-raisin sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce Recipe Video: