Cantonese dry aged pork belly this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a special dish, cantonese dry aged pork belly. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cantonese dry aged pork belly is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They're fine and they look wonderful. Cantonese dry aged pork belly is something that I've loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook cantonese dry aged pork belly using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cantonese dry aged pork belly:
- Prepare 4 lbs of pork belly cuts.
- Get 150 ml of San-J Organic tamari sauce.
- Prepare 50 ml of Lee kun kee dark premium soy sauce.
- Make ready 50 ml of Shaoxin rice wine.
- Get 50 ml of Rum.
- Prepare 120 g of brown sugar.
- Get 60 g of sea salt.
- Get 20 g of Sichuan peppercorn.
Steps to make Cantonese dry aged pork belly:
- In a large cast iron wok, sauté sea salt until light brown on low heat. Add Sichuan peppercorn and keep stir until aromatic for about 1 min..
- In a medium sauce pan, dissolve toasted salt and Sichuan peppercorn and brown sugar in heated Soy sauce mixer. Once dissolved, turn off the stove and wait until the mixture cools down. Add wine and liquor..
- Marinate pork belly slice in the brine juice for 48 hours at room temperature..
- Hang the belly up to dry cure for at least 30 days and it could be up to 2 months depends on the thickness of your cuts. During cold dry days, it's best to hang them outside in a place where there's no direct sun. During raining warming winter days, it's all right to hang in heated room as long as the air is not too moist. Refrigerator curing may work but I think it will take longer time and it will use up your storage space..
- The left piece is dry cured for 48 hours and the right piece was just hang right after marination..
- All seasonings I used..
So that's going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cantonese dry aged pork belly recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cantonese dry aged pork belly Recipe Video: