Rummaneyye this is the best recipe ever, So easy to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, it's me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, rummaneyye. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rummaneyye is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Rummaneyye is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have rummaneyye using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Rummaneyye:
- Make ready of - 2-3 cups green or brown lentils, rinsed.
- Make ready of - 2-3 medium size eggplant, cut into bite-size cubes.
- Make ready of - Juice of 2 kilos of pomegranate (2-3 cups) or substitute with 1 cup pomegranate molasses.
- Get of - 2-3 cups of boiled water.
- Make ready of - 1 head of garlic, crushed.
- Take of - 4 small green chili peppers (optional).
- Make ready of - 1 Tbsp dill seed.
- Prepare of - 2 Tbsp flour.
- Prepare of - 1 Tsp citric acid (optional).
- Make ready of - 2 Tbsp cumin powder.
- Get of - Salt and pepper according to preference.
- Make ready of - Grains of pomegranate for garnish.
Steps to make Rummaneyye:
- In a medium-size pot, add rinsed lentils and 2 to 3 cups of boiling water (make sure it's completely covered) Cover the pot and let it cook on low heat for about 10 minutes till lentils are half-cooked. Add eggplant cubes. Stir and leave for another 10 to 15 minutes until lentils and eggplants are tender and totally cooked. Make sure to add the juice of 1 lemon at this stage to prevent eggplants discoloration due to oxidizing..
- In a mortar, crush together garlic, chili pepper and dill seeds then add to the lentils mixture. Dissolve flour in pomegranate juice and add to the pot using a strainer to hold any undissolved flour lumps. Keep stirring. You can add 2-3 Tbsp of pomegranate molasses of you find the pomegranate juice not sour enough..
- Add cumin. Make sure not to add it at any earlier stage since cooking cumin for long will result with a bitter taste. You can add the citrus acid as well. let it all cook till the mixture starts thinking up. If the consistency is too thick you may add water, if it’s thin you can add flour. The thickness should be good enough to be able to eat it with Arabic bread..
- Pour the mixture in a deep plate. You may season with olive oil and garnish with grains of pomegranate. Serve hot, warm or cold with Arabic bread (pita bread) as per your preference. You can serve radish, green spring onions, pickles and olives next to it..
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food rummaneyye recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Rummaneyye Recipe Video: