Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake this is the best recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, kerala plum/fruit cake. One of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook kerala plum/fruit cake using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake:
- Make ready 125 grams of Butter, softened.
- Make ready 110 grams of Caster sugar.
- Make ready 75 grams of Sugar for caramel syrup.
- Take 60 millilitres of water Hot.
- Take 2 of numbers Egg white.
- Prepare 2 of numbers Egg yolk.
- Prepare 150 grams of Plain flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of Salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Lime juice.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Pineapple jam.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of dried fruits Mixed, chopped.
- Take 1/4 cup of Cashew nuts, chopped (lightly roasted).
- Take 60 millilitres of Dark rum.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of Spice powder.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of Orange peel, dried and powdered.
Instructions to make Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake:
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes. Line base and sides of a deep 20 cm round cake pan with baking paper..
- Beat egg white until peek, keep aside..
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until soft and creamy..
- Add egg yolk, one at a time and beat until well combined. Add vanilla essence and lime juice. Add cool caramel syrup and mix well..
- Add sifted flour,baking powder and salt mixture along with egg white and fold well..
- Finally, fold in mixed dried fruits, cashew nuts, pineapple jam, spice powder, dried and powdered orange peel mixture..
- Spread the cake mixture into prepared pan. Bake for around 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan..
- NOTES - Brush top of hot cake with extra rum, if desired..
- For mixed fruits i used a combination of raisins, glaced cherries, candied orange and lemon peel. Chop all the fruits into small pieces and soak them in dark rum for a period of minimum 1 week or until absorbed..
- To avoid sinking, dust the soaked fruits with some sifted flour and baking powder mixture before using..
- To make caramel syrup, combine sugar and little water in a sauce pan. When the sugar melts and becomes dark brown add 60 ml hot water. Melt completely and let it come to room temperature..
- Spice powder is a combination of cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dry ginger. Grind all the spices to a fine powder..
- To make dried and powdered orange peel, wash and peel the oranges and cut the peels into thin slices and spread it in a tray and keep under the sun for 3- 4 days, grind into a fine powder..
- For measuring mixed dried fruits and cashewnut i used 250 ml measuring cup..
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature especially butter and egg. Sift together the flour,baking powder and salt..
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food kerala plum/fruit cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake Recipe Video: