Gingerbread Cake this is the favored recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, it's Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, gingerbread cake. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Gingerbread Cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It's simple, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Gingerbread Cake is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook gingerbread cake using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Gingerbread Cake:
- Prepare of Cake:.
- Prepare of Unsalted Butter, For Greasing.
- Prepare 227 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Prepare 1 1/4 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- Get 2 TSP of Ground Ginger,.
- Make ready 1 TSP of Cinnamon Powder,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of All Spice Powder,.
- Get 1/2 TSP of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Make ready of Lemon Glaze:.
- Make ready 1/4 TSP of Ground Cloves,.
- Prepare of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1 Lemon.
- Make ready of Chinese 5 Spice, 1/4 TSP.
- Make ready 42 g of Icing Sugar,.
- Make ready 1 of Egg Light Beaten,.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Muscovado Sugar,.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Blackstrap Molasses,.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Icing Sugar,.
- Take 1/4 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice,.
- Make ready of Espresso Tuile (Optional):.
- Get 1 TBSP of Espresso Warm,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Warm Water,.
- Make ready 21 g of Unsalted Butter Melted,.
- Take 23 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Prepare of To Serve (Optional):.
- Take of High Quality Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, For Serving.
Instructions to make Gingerbread Cake:
- Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with butter. Lightly dust some flour onto the cake pan. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, cloves and Chinese 5 spice. Stir to combine well. Add in egg and sugar. Stir to combine well and until the egg has fully incorporated..
- Add in molasses and oil. Fold to combine well. Transfer into the cake pan. Give it a few taps on the counter to knock out some air bubbles..
- Wack into the oven and bake for about 35 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Remove from oven and set aside. While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon glaze..
- In a sauce pot over medium low heat, add sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir to combine well and until the sugar has fully dissolved. As soon as bubbles start to form along the edge, remove from heat. Once cake is out of the oven, pour the lemon glaze onto the cake..
- Using an offset spatula to spread the glaze out evenly. Set aside for the cake to cool down completely before unmolding and slicing. The following steps are optional. Prepare tuile..
- In a bowl, add sugar, espresso, water and butter. *The butter has to be just melted thru and is still hot. It is best to add a little extra butter for melting to ensure you have the exact or more than the amount required. As some weight loss will occur due to evaporation.*.
- Stir to combine well and until the sugar has fully dissolved. Sieve in flour in batches and mix to combine well. *Make sure no lumps.*.
- Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge for about 30 to 45 mins or until the mixture is slightly hardened. In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 TBSP of the mixture. Using the back of a spoon, light press and swirl the mixture into a circle..
- You should see that it starts to bubble away and the edges start to brown. Continue cooking until the liquid has almost evaporate. Remove the skillet from heat and rub against a damp kitchen towel. Carefully, using an offset spatula to remove the tuile..
- Immediately place the tuile onto a rolling pin to form a cup shape. Repeat the process for the remaining tuile. To serve. Scoop ice cream into a serving slice of the gingerbread cake. Place the tuile over the top. Serve immediately..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food gingerbread cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Gingerbread Cake Recipe Video: