Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to make a special dish, mike's sinfully sweet & spicy plantains over red beans & rice. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice is something that I've loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's sinfully sweet & spicy plantains over red beans & rice using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice:
- Get of ● For The Plantains.
- Take 8 of LG Green Plantains.
- Get 2 Cubes of Tilamook Sweet Cream Butter.
- Get 1 Dash of Olive Oil.
- Make ready of ● For The Seasoning Mixture.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Get 1 Shot of Quality 80 Proof Rum [optional].
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Make ready to taste of Sea Salt.
- Get 1 tsp of Paprika.
Steps to make Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice:
- Fresh Green Plantains. Know these plantains are far less sweet than yellow or black plantains and they're much harder to peel. They'll afford you the flavor of bananas but not the sweetness whatsoever. Hence the heavy brown sugar addition..
- Heat your butter and oil with all seasonings, except for your rum..
- Cut the ends of your plantains. Slice your plantains in half. If your plantains are long, cut horizontally then vertically. These pictured are pretty short, fat and stubby. Peel..
- Place plantains in your heated pan and fry for 7 minutes. Flip occasionally..
- Pull your plantains and allow them to cool for a few minutes..
- Place plantains on wax paper. Quickly coat plantains with additional seasonings, if desired. I'll always add additional brown sugar and Cayenne Pepper to them at this point. Press them down with a plate or rolling pin on wax paper. This action will not only seal in your additional seasonings but, also help to soften and caramelize your plantains even further..
- Place plantains back into your heated butter/oil/seasoning mixture with your rum and fry for up to 3 minutes longer. Flambé rum of you know how to do it safely. Add additional butter or oil if needed but, you shouldn't..
- Drain your carmelized plantains on wax paper and separate. Otherwise they'll stick together..
- Serve alongside any spicy meat, black beans and rice or, over white or red beans and rice. Today, my students wanted them over a simple Cuban Red Beans & Rice recipe. Enjoy!.
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food mike's sinfully sweet & spicy plantains over red beans & rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice Recipe Video: